NCFE CACHE Level 4 Award in Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Leadership and Management in the Early Years
The qualification is designed for those already working in a lead SENCO role as an Early Years practitioner and who wish to increase confidence in relation to leadership and management progression. Learners will be prepared for leadership and management in specific aspects of the SENCO role including:
- enabling best outcomes for children and their families
- enriching professional development
- liaison with parents/carers, colleagues, other professionals
- undertaking and applying research for improved outcomes.
Learners will gain knowledge, understanding and skills in relation to:
- leadership and management within early years SENCO and SEND related roles
- leading effective practice in a SENCO role
- evaluating SEND provision for effective practice
- leading change to improve SEND provision
- undertaking practitioner-led enquiry
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is suitable for learners already working as an Early Years practitioner in a Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) or Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) related role and who wish to progress to leadership and management roles and responsibilities, leading best practice for their setting.
What are the entry requirements?
Learners must be aged 19+ and working as an Early Years practitioner in a lead SENCO or SEND related role.
How is this qualification structured?
Learners must achieve all 3 mandatory units.
Do you need to be working to take this qualification?
Learners must be working as an Early Years practitioner in a SENCO or SEND related role.
This qualification is suitable for those interested in pursuing careers in the following areas:
- Early years
- Childhood studies
- Community, youth and families
- Social work
- Health and social care
- Primary teaching