SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
In today’s competitive environment, the best supply chain will win.The chain that offers the highest value to its customers will have the competitive advantage. This requires a broader outlook than just the borders of the company. Indeed, it requires full visibility of all the players in the supply chain. Each enterprise must seek to improve its own individual performance as well as the competitiveness and performance of all enterprises in its supply chain.Firms today must develop strategic partnership arrangements with their key supplier and customer enterprises. This involves sharing information, working together to reduce costs and to cut down leadtimes, and building total quality into all stages of the supply chain.
“The future is one not of competing companies but of competing supply chains”
- Understand the basic terminology, the concept and key elements involved in the supply chain.
- State the importance of effective Supply Chain Management (SCM) in achieving competitive advantage.
- Measure supply chain performance
- Appreciate the benefits obtained from greening the supply chain
- Recognize basic issues involved in global supply chains
- Identify trends, state-of-the-art techniques and best practices in SCM
Who Should Attend?
- Professionals involved in any function of the supply chain including Purchasing, Warehousing, Transportation, etc.
- Students & fresh graduates interested in starting their career in SCM Outline
- Supply Chain Management Overview
- Definitions & Examples
- Evolution of SCM
- SCM Objectives
- Importance & Benefits of SCM
- Requirements of a Successful SCM
- Decision Classification
- SCM Issues