The IELTS Writing section is divided into two sections – Task1 and Task2.
IELTS Writing Task 2 (or Writing Task 2) is the second section of the writing test. The candidate will be asked to present a point of view, an argument, or a problem. In response, the candidate must write a formal essay.
The ability of the candidate to answer questions will be assessed.
- Explaining and presenting an opinion
- The topic is worth examining
- Reviewing details
- Summarising problems
- Possible solutions
- Use reasoning and examples from your personal experience to support what you write
Candidates should be able to write 250 words or less and complete the task within 40 minutes. Remember that Task 2 is more important than Task 1.
If you want to get a Band 7 or higher on the IELTS Writing Task 2, you need to remember these important tips.
Here are 4 top tips to help you achieve a high IELTS Writing Task 2 band score
- Before you answer the question, make sure that you understand it. This will help you understand the question and give you an idea of what the examiner is looking for. A poorly written essay could prevent you from receiving a Band 5 score.
- Second, take up to 10 minutes to plan your answers. This will allow you to organize your thoughts and structure your essay before writing it. You will also save time and write a clear essay.
- Third, create an introduction that immediately tells the examiner what you are doing. This will also help you to write your main body paragraphs.
- When writing your main body paragraphs, make sure to mention your main points. Support them with explanations or appropriate examples. Your conclusion should summarise everything you’ve said in the essay.
MNRSTI provides the best IELTS institute in Dubai for students, teachers, and working professionals. Our course will provide in-depth training for all four sections of the test: Listening, Reading, and Writing. Our expert trainer will help you through your preparation. You will be able to take the IELTS exam with confidence and get the score you desire by the end.